Monday, June 11, 2012

Keeping the Romance Alive....

How romantic are you and your partner?  I love romance and am an old fashioned girl when it comes to all things chivalrous.  So I hit the jackpot when I met my gentleman husby in 2005!  He is really old skool and super romantic.  After only knowing him a few days he posted me a mixed CD.  Every song was one I would choose myself, so I knew he was the one.  Because we lived in different countries at the time, we would post real letters, like with a stamp! and talk on the phone as much as possible.  When I moved to Sweden 5 months after meeting him, the romance didn't stop there.  He was and is still great for posting a little card to say how much he loves me, or sticking little notes somewhere fun around the house.


Obviously when you have a child things change a little and you don't get the chance to go out as much, or are too tired to be romantic.  But I think its important to try and keep up with the cute text messages through the day or be spontaneous even on a Monday night!  We try and have what we call Friday Feast on a Friday night.


 Which is really spending money on lovely ingredients and wine and making a 3 course meal after Tilly has gone to bed.  Ban the TV (mostly) and listen to all those old songs.  Or like we did last Friday and had a late night snack with some bubbly! 


Yes it does seem that food is surrounded with our new found romance, but it's amazing the amount of energy a plate of bresaola can give you late at night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment