Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cup Cake Heaven....

Another reason why I miss Dublin so much, is because of my mother's amazing cupcakes.

It's not so much that I love eating them, because actually I'm not a fan of sweet things.  But it's because they are so beautiful and I just wish I was closer so I could open a shop and sell them!

Now she has started a blog of her own - http://www.poshcakesco.blogspot.com/ -  and her first post features the adorable Tilly.  When we had Tilly's name giving ceremony, my parents were here and my mom made her lovely cakes for the party.  Everyone was blown away by just the sight of them, let alone the taste!  It was an amazing day and the guests got to take home a lovely box with a selection of cupcakes too.





Its amazing to see how much time and effort she puts in to make these cakes.  It's so precise and intricate and time consuming - and no she did not pass on this gene to me!  I hate baking!  All those exact measurements and timings are not for me!  But I urge anyone is close proximity to Greystones Supervalu to get their arse down there next Saturday and get them into ya!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tabs! Wish you were here too. Xx It seems just like yesterday that Tilly was such a tiny little baby. That was a lovely visit to Sweden.

    ReplyDelete