Saturday, August 31, 2013

My favourite movies...part 1


Lately we have been watching a lot of movies at home.  Some of them good, some of them brilliant.  Husby and I love to go through all our favourites and here are some of mine.
 (I noticed that many of mine aren't the most uplifting!)


Once were warriors - 1994.  I remember wanting to hit the TV and needed to call my mom directly after watching.  And this trailer is far from what the movie is really like.

Ladybird, ladybird - 1994.  The movie that made me cry more than any other.

The Ice storm - 1997.  Could watch this one over and over.  Where I fell in love with Elijah Woods.

Falling Down - 1993.  How I feel all the time.

Requiem for a dream - 2000.  Great acting and a makes you feel very uncomfortable.

The talented Mr. Ripley - 1999.  Fell in love with Naples and Jude Law.

Husbands and wives - 1992.  Best Woody Allen movie for me.

The breakfast club - 1985.  Just one of the best movies of the 80's.

Donny Darko - 2003.  Best soundtrack ever.

Into the wild - 2007.  Amazing story and brilliantly made.

Disco Pigs - 2001.  Most romantic movie - in a dark way.

The Hunt - 2012.  Another brilliant Danish movie.

Dead man's shoes - 2004.  Uncomfortable but brilliant.

Grosse point blank - 2007.  John Cusack!

The Lost boys - 1987.  The only vampire movie I'll ever watch.

Enduring love - 1997.  Creepy.

Breaking the waves - 1996.  So romantic.

Half Nelson - 2006.  Ryan Gosling.....

Election - 1999.  Can't go wrong with awkward Matthew Broderick.

Bridges over Madison county - 1995.  Another heart wrencher.


No comments:

Post a Comment