Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Working girl....

 


So it's official, I'm a working mother for real!  I tasted it briefly for a few months last spring when I travelled 3 days a week abroad and worked in the office the other 2 - and let me tell you I didn't enjoy it.  But that was when husby was on paternity leave and I knew our girl was at home all the time.  Now she is at dagis and I really miss our time together.  Now I'm around mostly for the stressful stuff like getting ready in the morning, leaving the house and making sure she is happy when I leave her there.  Then I see her again when I need to cook, get her bathed and sorted for bed.  It doesn't quite have that fun edge it used to have.  In saying that, I really love my new job and my new colleagues - so it will just have to grow on me.  And hats off to all those women who never had the choice I had to take time off.  You're all great!



No comments:

Post a Comment