Friday, August 17, 2012

True Romance...


I was listening to the radio today and Aerosmith 'Miss a thing' came on.  It reminded me of an old boyfriend who used to call directly to my voice mail and record just a song on the message without saying a thing.  That was one of those songs. It was super romantic.  Actually that particular boyfriend did a lot of romantic things.  He used to write love notes on the bathroom mirror after a shower so I would see them when the bathroom steamed up or he'd use my jewellery and other things around the room to spell out words on the bed.  I was one lucky lady...
Or the boyfriend who sent me faxes at work every now and then with 'I love you'  - yes in the 90's!  Or like husby and I.  We are post it and SMS romantics, like I spoke about in the Keeping the romance alive post a few weeks ago.  We couldn't have survived without the text messages when we lived in different countries.

But I've always wondered if people just have a stock pile of romantic things they do and keep repeating them through every relationship?  Or do we recreate things done for us in our next relationships?  I promised myself that I would never repeat the same things in my future relationships and would try and feel out what new and fun thing could work for the person I'm with at the time.

What do you think and would you or have you ever RE-done a romantic gesture?

Here's a few of my favourite romantic songs and movie clips.
Get the tissues
My life in a movie
* Heart wrenching
* Fab cover
* Deal sealer
Actually just realised that most of them are also really depressing...oh well love is bitter sweet most times!

Have a great weekend and keep the romance alive....

No comments:

Post a Comment