Friday, December 14, 2012

My miracle...


3 years ago today I became a mother to the most special little girl in the world - well to me and her pappa anyway!  It was truly a miracle.  I went through a silent miscarriage just a few months before she was conceived and then another one when I was 20 weeks, where I was sure it was all over!  But no,  little Tilly was still in there and the doctors suspected it was a silent miscarriage of a twin.  I was overwhelmed with the fact that something survived after what I had experienced but there she was, the little stubborn and persistent madam.


It's been a fun-filled ride, and my life has changed for always and I sure know husby's has!  But I would not change a thing.  Of course it is daunting to know that it us who will be responsible for who she becomes and who her children become for that matter.  But when you just focus on each funny thing she says or expression she makes, then it just feels like you have been hit with a big rush of love and goo and you can't believe how lucky you are.  


So I can't wait until Sunday when all of Tilly's little cousins and friends come to her birthday party and they get to eat cake and ice-cream and say funny things.  And I can't wait until we get to spend Christmas in Dublin with all of her important people that make her one half of herself.  And hear her speak swinglish and chase the dog around the house.  I can't wait to cuddle up in bed with her and husby and just feel grateful that we have our miracle, and don't need anything else.

Happy weekend y'all and remember guns are bad!






2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Tilly have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes....She is one happy lady! :)

    ReplyDelete