Saturday, November 3, 2012

Ageing gracefully and naturally...

I'm just sitting at home half watching some programme about plastic surgery for people who have stuff wrong with them like an extra large nose, or boobs that literally touch the ground.  And it got me thinking of all the people, especially in Hollywood who have so much shit done to themselves, when they looked perfectly above average to begin with.  And then I looked over at the damn Barbie doll my daughter got given against my will, and it got me thinking even more about what kind of image kids will have of how they should look.  Considering Barbie is like 50 and still looks pretty good, Tilly might think that's normal.  Girls seem to be starting so early now with botox and skin products and are so obsessed with ageing.  I've heard of girls getting lip enlargements for 18th birthday presents.  And I see alot of girls with the same profile - duck lips which they think looks natural.  It's not natural at all and if they are starting so young, what will they look like when they get older.  

I scanned the net and found some interesting pictures and wonder how these celebrities think we can't see that they have had surgery. Duh?!


 

Then I found some pictures of older woman who I think have aged naturally (well almost) and they still look beautiful.


All I know is that I will try my best to encourage and be an example to Tilly, to show her it's ok to get grey hair or a few wrinkles.  It shows you've lived.  
Happy living all you beautiful people....

No comments:

Post a Comment